1. Do not fixate on the small things. When looking at the big picture of buying a home, a stain on the carpet is not the end of the world. I understand you see the dollar signs adding up in your head with each nick on the baseboard or paint imperfection. These are minor fixes that should not overshadow a home. All homes will have their minor defects and unless you want a new-build it would be better to prepare yourself now for those imperfections and not let it stop you from your potential dream home.
2. Hold off criticisms of the home while in the home. There is no doubt that you will come across some interesting design choices, but refrain from speaking of them until you are back in your car. There are times when the owners are in the home, or the listing agent is in the home, or home surveillance may catch your comments. There is no point in hurting the feelings of someone who you may potentially want to buy their home.
3. Don’t wait too long to put in an offer. There is a fine line between making sure it is the right house and going after it and waiting too long and losing it. If there is no doubt in your mind that it is the right home, then put in an offer right away. Don’t risk losing that home that you will forever compare the rest to because you waited too long.
4. An offer is not always about the sales price. A good offer is a mix of timing, the right price, and reasonable contingencies. It is important to not fixate on the offer price and look at all factors that go into submitting an offer.
5. Trust your agent. Some sellers sell their home to make money while others sell their home with the intent of finding someone who will enjoy the home as much as they did. A good agent will be able to gain insightful information such as this and use it to help you get your dream home.
6. Be realistic during counter offers. First of all, listen to the agent you hired to represent you. Negations are the toughest part of a contract and it is important that you are realistic and flexible. It is important to find that grey area between scrooge and charity.
Author:Kelley Kemmis Phone: 602-531-5514 Dated: August 13th 2016 Views: 237 About Kelley: Kelley Kemmis obtained her license from Arizona School of Real Estate and Business before joining Am...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
CLIENT SERVICE GUARANTEE: American Allstar Realty is committed to providing every customer with the highest level of service. As your agent, I promise to always remember that YOU are the most important person in the transaction. At American Allstar Realty, we believe that communication is the cornerstone to a successful transaction. Please feel free to communicate your wants and needs to me as frequently as possible. If I am ever unavailable to receive your call, I promise to return your call as soon as possible; normally in less than one hour.
Buying or selling a home is about much more than just the price you pay for a piece of land. Selecting a property to become your home or place of business is what it is really about, and that's why I enjoy helping my clients buy and sell real estate. My clients come to me because of my knowledge of the industry and my familiarity wi th the area. I can help you find that "dream" home. Call me today and let's get started!
To navigate the complex decisions involved in today's real estate market requires the guidance of a professional. I am committed to service with an emphasis on accountability, reliability, timeliness and enthusiasm. I provide my clients with all the information necessary to help them make real estate investment decisions throughout the changing market cycles.
A successful real estate transaction is built upon the strength of relationships and the experience of how to get things done. I am well respected by my peers, and have developed invaluable working relationships with other professionals in my industry such as title companies, attorneys, lenders and appraisers.
In a market where current inventory is low, it’s normal to
"Kelley Kemmis helped us through the process of selling and buying a new home. She worked tirelessly to find our perfect house and was patient and supportive during the buying and inspection process. Anytime we get lost she was there as a supportive voice. American Allstar Realty knows how to hire amazing people."