Are you looking to buy a home or condo? Here are 8 tips to help you find the best property quickly.
1. Needs and WantsBefore you do anything, sit down and make a list of your wants and needs. Write down everything that comes to mind. This list will most likely change several times as you learn more about all your options. You may change what is the most and least important to you. For example, you may want a home in a particular zip code, but once you see the type of homes you get in your price range in that area your priorities may change. Do you need 4 bedrooms, large lot, convenient location? Prioritize your list because unless you have an unlimited budget you will probably have to make compromises.
2. Establish a Price RangeThis step is crucial. Figure out how much you are willing to allocate each month for your housing expense. Some people are able to pay cash, but you will still have expenses in the way of property taxes, insurance and maintenance. If you are getting a mortgage, you will want to talk with a trusted lender who can let you know what you can afford up front, and give you an idea of what your monthly mortgage payments would look like. This will ensure that you will be comfortable in the price range you are looking in. If you need a referral, please let us know and we can send you a list of mortgage brokers that we have had success with.
3. Have your pre qualification in hand prior to looking for homesGet pre-approved for a mortgage before you start looking for homes. Often times a buyer wants to go find a home and then figure out how to pay for it. That is backwards. Find out what you can or are willing to afford and then start looking for properties. The key is to not waste time and create unrealistic expectations. There is nothing worse than finding your dream home, and then finding out you can't get a loan for that amount.
4. Pick a Great RealtorFind an expert to work with or better yet an entire team of skilled individuals. A great Realtor will shorten your learning curve tremendously. Ask for referrals or go online then interview a few to find the right fit. An agent should be professional, experienced, ethical and work full time. You as the buyer, do not need to compensate a Realtor. They get paid by the seller so it makes sense to have expert assistance. Homehelper Consultants would like to interview for that job! Please see our Buyers Consultation Process to get the ball rolling or reach out to book an appointment now at Michael@findazhomes.net or 602-390-2801
5. Learn the Real Estate MarketHave your Realtor send you homes or condos that have recently sold within your price range for the last 3-6 months. Do you like any of them? Often times a home buyer only likes properties that are outside their budget. A buyer may love what they get for $300,000 but has a budget of $250,000. In this case only two things can happen. Either raise your budget or lower your expectations. A skilled realtor can guide you to alternative options that you may never have thought of, like a location you weren’t aware of, or a different type of property.
6. Favorite NeighborhoodsMake a list of your favorite neighborhoods. Make sure your price range matches what those locations have to offer. Communicate to your realtor why these neighborhoods are attractive to you. They may be able to match your needs and wants to an alternative location.
7. What is Currently For SaleYou figured out what you wanted, got pre-approved for a mortgage (assuming that you are not paying cash), established a comfortable price range, found a good Realtor, learned the real estate market and made a list of your favorite communities. Now it is time to start looking at homes. Have your Realtor provide you with a list of homes that match your needs, price range and are within your favorite areas. Drive by these homes or have your Realtor book appointment for private showings. The agent that accompanies you may point out interesting details that you may overlook. Again, don’t do this until you are ready to purchase. The real estate market changes daily so if you find the perfect house today it may not be there tomorrow.
8. PatienceYou may look at everything for sale and not fall in love with anything. That is ok. The best properties still sell very fast and you may just need to wait it out. Just have your Realtor put you on an automated email program to send you listings in your favorite communities as they come on the market and make sure they preview homes for you right when they come on the market. Eventually, you will find your dream home.
If you’d like to setup a buyer consultation with a professional, give me a call at 602-390-2801 or email at Michael@findazhomes.net
Author:Michael Tarver Phone: 602-390-2801 Dated: August 1st 2018 Views: 343 About Michael: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
CLIENT SERVICE GUARANTEE: American Allstar Realty is committed to providing every customer with the highest level of service. As your agent, I promise to always remember that YOU are the most important person in the transaction. At American Allstar Realty, we believe that communication is the cornerstone to a successful transaction. Please feel free to communicate your wants and needs to me as frequently as possible. If I am ever unavailable to receive your call, I promise to return your call as soon as possible; normally in less than one hour.
Buying or selling a home is about much more than just the price you pay for a piece of land. Selecting a property to become your home or place of business is what it is really about, and that's why I enjoy helping my clients buy and sell real estate. My clients come to me because of my knowledge of the industry and my familiarity wi th the area. I can help you find that "dream" home. Call me today and let's get started!
To navigate the complex decisions involved in today's real estate market requires the guidance of a professional. I am committed to service with an emphasis on accountability, reliability, timeliness and enthusiasm. I provide my clients with all the information necessary to help them make real estate investment decisions throughout the changing market cycles.
A successful real estate transaction is built upon the strength of relationships and the experience of how to get things done. I am well respected by my peers, and have developed invaluable working relationships with other professionals in my industry such as title companies, attorneys, lenders and appraisers.
Did you know that #Gilbert was just nicknamed, #Kindness USA?! Gilbert
"We would not hesitate to use Matt again, or to recommend him to friends and family. He is very knowledgeable, accommodating and professional. Matt really went above and beyond during the sale of our home and purchase of a new home. He gave us valuable advice and guided us through the selling and buying process. Let's face it, buying/selling a home can be a stressful and emotional time, but Matt was the calming voice we needed."